The Connecticut Land Conservation Council is seeking nominations for its Excellence in Conservation Awards to be presented at the 34th annual Connecticut Land Conservation Conference on Saturday, March 17, 2018, at Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT.
Excellence in Conservation Organization Award
CLCC seeks nominations for organizations completing projects in 2017 which demonstrate excellence in any aspect of land conservation work and moved land conservation forward in a creative and substantial way. These might include collaboration among organizations, creativity in acquisition structuring, stewardship projects, outreach programs, etc.
Katchen Coley Award for Excellence in Land Conservation
CLCC seeks nominations for individuals for the Katchen Coley Award for Excellence in Land Conservation, named in honor of Katchen Coley (1924-2013), a longtime CLCC Steering Committee member and activist for many environmental and social causes. The award will recognize a person that embodies all that Katchen meant to land conservation: An individual fiercely devoted to land conservation, whose long-term commitment to conservation causes has furthered the work of one or more conservation organizations in Connecticut.
The awardees' contributions should serve as guides and examples to other land trusts and conservation volunteers and professionals in Connecticut. Successful nominations will be highlighted within conference materials and on the CLCC website.
- All nominations should be via email to CLCC Executive Director Amy B. Paterson at email@example.com.
- Submissions must be received by February 13, 2018 to be considered.
- Please indicate "CLCC Award Nomination - Individual" or "CLCC Award Nomination - Organization" in the email subject line.
- Each organization nomination must include a brief description of the project including its timing and why this project is important to furthering land conservation in Connecticut.
- Each individual nomination must include a description of the person's contributions to land conservation in Connecticut and the impact of those contributions.
- The total application should not be more than the equivalent of 3 pages including any photos.
For more information, contact CLCC Executive Director Amy B. Paterson at firstname.lastname@example.org.