Land Conservation Advocates, Time is running out!
TAKE ACTION | Today!
Time is running out! Please continue to reach out to your legislators to urge them to support bringing the following important issues that impact land conservation to the floor of both chambers for a vote before the session ends on May 9.
Protect Your Public Lands
Ask Your Legislators to Co-Sponsor SJ 35
What: Thanks to you, the number of co-sponsors of Senate Joint Resolution 35: “Resolution Proposing an Amendment to the State Constitution to Protect Real Property Held or Controlled by the State” (SJ 35) is now over 60!
Action: Please contact your Legislators with a short personal note or phone call and ask them to co-sponsor SJ 35.
- If you have already sent a note but your Legislator(s) have not responded or their response was non-committal, please send a polite reminder.
- If your Legislator(s) have already co-sponsored SJ 35, please thank them and ask that they urge their leadership to bring the bill to the floor for a vote.
- View talking points and links to more information on SJ 35 >>
Protect Your Water Resources
Support the State Water Plan
What: Connecticut’s first State Water Plan shapes how the state regulates all water resources, and includes detailed information on state water resources and priorities related to drinking water, protection of watershed lands, and conservation. It also references water as a public trust resource. With the weakening of federal protections it is more important than ever to adopt a state water plan.
Action: Please ask your Legislators to pass the State Water Plan this year!
- View talking points and more information at the Rivers Alliance of CT website >>
- View CLCC's testimony in support of the State Water Plan >>
Keep up Your great work!
Your responses to our action alerts have been awesome! You are making a difference!
With budget deliberations, hundreds of bills under consideration, and just days left in the session, it has never been more important to stay in touch with your legislators about the issues you care about. Keep up your great work and thank you!