Connecticut Land Conservation Council
Job Description – Program Administrator
Position title: Program Administrator
Position Description: The Program Administrator supports the organization’s administrative activities and programs and assists the Executive Director in daily operations.
Reports to: Executive Director
Position term: Full-time position (35-40 hours) with benefits. The position will be based in CLCC’s office in Middletown. Some local travel and evening/weekend hours required.
Overview: The Connecticut Land Conservation Council (CLCC) advocates for land conservation, stewardship and funding, and works to ensure the long-term strength and viability of the land conservation community in Connecticut. As the state’s land trust service organization, CLCC serves the land conservation community as its voice and face in state government, as its facilitator and guide, as its convener to help solve problems and share knowledge and experience, as a service provider of technical assistance, and as a leader to ensure that conservation interests are permanently protected.
CLCC’s Program Administrator must possess a strong interest, ability and aptitude for assisting in, taking responsibility for, and contributing to the overall effective operation of CLCC. To that end, the Program Administrator will be expected to perform a variety of administrative and programmatic support tasks with an ability to provide day-to-day oversight of CLCC’s administrative operations. The Program Administrator will report directly to CLCC’s Executive Director (ED), and work closely with the Board of Directors and/or Advisory Council.
- Answer telephone, check general CLCC email account, and forward any requests for information to ED.
- Retrieve mail daily and submit to ED for review.
- Oversee purchases and organization of office administrative supplies.
- Oversee general office filing, including paperwork for contractors and consultants, invoices, timesheets, expense reports, and filings for bookkeeping and insurance.
- Serve as primary liaison with technical consultants and oversee support services, including ensuring telephone, website, office computer and other technology needs are met.
- Assist the ED in preparing the agenda, program reports, and materials for Board and Advisory Council meetings.
- Provide administrative support for Board/Advisory Council meetings, other meetings, fundraisers, and events.
Training and Education Programs
- Assist in the administration of event programming by securing venues, program leaders/presenters, arranging for catering, tracking program RSVPs and contact information for attendees, readying program handouts and other materials for distribution, etc.
- Assist and eventually oversee administration of all aspects of the annual CT Land Conservation Conference including, venue and catering, registration, communications and promotions (on-line and print), awards program, photo contest, volunteer coordination, sponsorship program, webpage development, etc.
Communications and Outreach
- Assist ED with Constant Contact communications and CLCC’s social media presence on Instagram, Facebook, and other media. This includes compiling, editing, and helping to generate content for our monthly e-newsletters, website, Facebook page, and print materials, in alignment with the organization’s Communications Plan.
- Promote scheduled events through press releases, social media, and other media.
- Regularly review website content, make recommendations for additions and deletions, and implement changes in consultation with ED and/or communications consultant, and/or Board/Advisory Council communications volunteer.
- Draft and proofread publicity and outreach materials as needed.
- Oversee maintenance of CLCC’s publicity records and other promotional materials both in hard copy and electronically.
- Prepare annual membership appeal and oversee gift acknowledgement process.
- Maintain membership/donor information and database, including running reports and keeping up-to-date with software uses and best practices.
- Check Quickbooks financial reports (as generated by bookkeeper) on a monthly basis to ensure all contributions match donor database records.
- Assist with the identification and administration of grants for operating support, which may include writing content for the initial grant request as well as keeping track of necessary follow-up reports.
Other tasks as assigned
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- A genuine interest in land conservation, land trusts, and conservation policy and advocacy.
- A can-do, positive attitude, with the demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to establish priorities, manage multiple tasks effectively, and meet deadlines.
- Prior experience with office administration, preferably with a non-profit organization.
- Attentive to detail, with excellent written and verbal skills.
- High degree of familiarity and comfort with: Excel, Word, online technology, websites, social media, online marketing, and communications distribution.
- Dependable, flexible, reliable, with a sense of humor.
To apply: Send resume, cover letter, and a list of three references in one .pdf document via email to email@example.com with the subject line reading “CLCC Program Administrator Position”. No phone inquiries, please.
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until July 2, 2018, or until the position is filled.
Position posted June 5, 2018
* * * * * *
CLCC is a 501(c)3 non-profit and an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. CLCC provides equal employment opportunity and prohibits discrimination against all employees and applicants for employment based upon race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, creed, national origin and ethnic origin, age, citizenship, status as a perceived or actual victim of domestic violence, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a Vietnam Era or disabled Veteran, or any other legally protected status.