31st Annual Connecticut Land Conservation Conference
March 21, 2015, 8:30am – 4:45pm
(followed by post-event reception)
Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT
The Connecticut Land Conservation Council (CLCC) invites you to submit a proposal for its 2015 Connecticut Land Conservation Conference, the state’s largest annual full-day land conservation gathering, which continues to grow in popularity and size.
The 2014 Conference attracted a record 380 participants, including board members, staff and volunteers from Connecticut’s land trusts, municipal land use commissions, state agencies, and conservation organizations including garden clubs and grassroots-level land preservation advocates.
The Conference will offer at least twenty-four 90-minute workshops, as well as three half-day afternoon seminars, organized under subject tracks (final tracks to be determined). Panel and/or roundtable discussions, as well peer learning opportunities, are encouraged.
CLCC seeks workshops on a variety of subjects relevant to the work of land trusts and other members of Connecticut’s conservation community, including the following:
- Land Trust Standards & Practices
- Organizational Governance & Management
- Risk Management
- Community Conservation, Engagement & Education
- Communications & Outreach
- Conservation Finance (public, private & fundraising campaigns)
- Doing Deals (fee and conservation easement)
- Effective Advocacy/ Conservation Policy
- Membership Development
- Stewardship & Land Management
- Strategic Planning
- Volunteer Recruitment
- Working Lands
- Collaboration, Partnership & Merger Success Stories
- Protecting Land – Protecting Water
- Land Trust Finance and Financial Management
- Emerging Issues
The Annual Conference Planning Committee will contact you in mid-December to let you know if your proposal has been selected. Conference presenters receive complimentary conference registration, but are responsible for their own travel and accommodations.
If you have any questions, please contact CLCC Executive Director Amy B. Paterson:
email@example.com or 860-685-0785.