Call to Action!
March 20 - 24, 2017
TALKING POINTS ATTACHED BELOW
WHAT: Take ONE of the following actions this week!
- Contact your State Legislators by phone or email
- Schedule a visit with your State Legislators (We can help!)
- Write an op-ed or letter-to-the-editor for your local paper
WHY: It is a critical time for conservation!
Your State Legislators need to hear from you on budget cuts and legislation that will have lasting impacts on conservation.
- Say NO to further cuts to DEEP which impact your land, water, wildlife, and air quality
- Say NO to the elimination of the Council on Environmental Quality
- Say YES to generating revenues for State Parks and other DEEP conservation programs
- Say YES to protection of the Community Investment Act
- Say YES to a Constitutional Amendment to Better Protect our Public Lands
- Say YES to a Local Option for Funding for Open Space Acquisition & Stewardship
TALKING POINTS ATTACHED
WHO: People and organizations like you who care about conservation!
HOW: Send a strong message to your lawmakers that conservation matters to you and your community.
GOAL: Every State Legislator receives at least one land conservation contact this week.
To find your legislators and their contact info visit:
In your own words …
Dear State Rep/State Senator ___________:
I am concerned about the proposed cuts to the Budget targeting State Parks and eliminating the Council on Environmental Quality. I also feel very strongly that we need a Constitutional Amendment to ensure that our public lands should not be sold or given away by the state without a comprehensive review and ample opportunity for public input. Finally, I think it is important, especially during these difficult economic times, that we protect the Community Investment Act and that we give towns the right to establish a local funding option to help purchase and care for open space and farmland.
These issues are important to me and my community because:
[So important! Provide your own examples of how the cuts and state land transfers will impact you and your community, such as:
- experience showing the importance of conservation to you & your town
- a description of the work of your organization, its volunteers, and the impacts your programs have had on your community]
Thank you, in advance, for your support on this/these important issues!
Your name, town and organization (if applicable)