The Connecticut Land Conservation Council (CLCC) has partnered with the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) to sponsor an amateur digital photo contest open to members and the public. The contest is intended to provide a venue for amateur photographers to display their work and provide CLCC and DEEP with new materials for our publications and communications. You are invited to submit up to three digital, high resolution photos for consideration (1280 x 960 pixels minimum).
Click HERE to access the Photo Contest Rules and Guidelines.
Click HERE to access the DEEP Authorization and Release Form. Click HERE to access the CLCC People Authorization Form 1 and HERE to access the CLCC Authorization and Release Permission Form 2. Please fill out applicable forms and send via email to Cristina Hayden at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 16 Meriden Road, Rockfall, CT 06481.
If you have a photograph featuring visible faces of people, you MUST fill out and submit both the DEEP Form and the CLCC Authorization and Release Form 1, along with the CLCC Photo Release Permission Form 2. If your photograph does not feature people, you MUST fill out and submit the CLCC Photo Release Form Permission Form 2.
Photos must feature a property from the Open Space and Watershed Land Acquisition (OSWA) Grant Program. See the full list of OSWA properties by towns available HERE.
The winners for each categories will be displayed in Connecticut Wildlife (the official bimonthly publication of the DEEP Bureau of Natural Resources), DEEP’s Open Space Annual Report and website, and CLCC’s website and e-communications.
- Connecticut Landscapes/Waterscapes/Wildlands – Photos without man-made structures, special places off the beaten path, Connecticut flora & fauna, trails, views from the trail, notable features on the trails, etc;
- People/Wildlife – Photos of people of all ages and/or wildlife on open space in Connecticut; OR
- Child Photographer – Open to those under the age of 15. Photo must feature an Open Space and Watershed Land Acquisition Grant property. No other content restrictions.
All entries must be received by Monday, February 6, 2017. Winners will be notified by Friday, March 3, 2017. Winners will be announced at the Connecticut Land Conservation Conference on March 18, 2017. All photo submissions will be displayed at the Conference.
How to Enter:
- Fill out applicable release forms and online form below, and upload your photo to the Dropbox Folder available HERE; OR
- Fill out applicable release forms and online form below and, email Cristina Hayden at email@example.com with your photographs; OR
- Send a CD/DVD or memory stick with the images and printed applicable release forms and online form to CLCC, 16 Meriden Rd., Rockfall, CT 06481, attn. Cristina Hayden.